Just like our school age children many teens and young adults went off to college campuses around the country. Let’s pray strategically for our college students. We know that college students are faced with a new environment, meeting new people from various backgrounds and higher levels of learning. Many of our young adults still may be impressionable as they are faced with a new freedom many have never experienced. As moms and dads we need to arise to pray as college students need prayer just as our school age children.
As our children grow and go off to college our prayers for them are essential as they begin to face many issues. We want them to be equipped with skills and education that will prepare them to make a successful living and to live productive lives. Yet they are still subject to the issues of the world. I saw college statistics that state college students engage in binge drinking (90%), are having sex , use drugs (80%) ,and have suicidal thoughts(18%). Yes. Arise college students need prayer.
- Name your college children and relatives and the college they attend. We will pray for and with you and the students.
- Pray for college students and adopt a college campus for which you will pray at least 10 minutes a day or three times a week.
- Join with other moms and dads with college students and pray together once a week or once a month
- Pray with your college students. Encourage them to pray.
Here are good prayers for college students that you might want to use as you pray. These can easily be adjusted for use by you, by others who love them and want to lift up intercessory prayers for college students, and the college students themselves.
Prayer Points for College Students:
1. Lord , I pray that you keep my child grounded in the Word and remember his/her training. Lord I pray that he /she_____ has a hunger for truth and a curiosity about Your Word, followed by a love and understanding for it. (Psalm 119:97, 104).
2. Lord I pray that ____ and college students will stand firm and follow you their entire lives. Let nothing, philosophy and new things they learn turn them away from You.
3. Lord for my child_____ or the student that does know you I pray that _______ will be led to salvation by the power of the Holy Ghost. I pray that an open door for the message of Christ will be proclaimed on the university and college campuses. For students who believe in You give them boldness to witness of Your love and glory. Open the hearts of students, faculty and administrators so they can respond to the message.
4. Holy Spirit convict believing students of sin and help them to abstain from it Empower them to walk in Your ways and to live lives that their unbelieving peers will see their good deed and give YOU glory. (1 Peter2:11-12)
5. Lord in the name of Jesus, shield______ and students from deceptive philosophies, humanistic theories and thoughts, and the ways of the world on college campuses (Col 2:8)
6. Father, stay the hand of the enemy and bind evil and violent spirits on the campus against stabbings, date rape, gun violence and racism. Lord my Deliverer, deliver and protect students and faculty from evil doers and enemies.
Faculty and Administration:
7. God of all wisdom, give faculty members sound wisdom and they not be arrogant such that they believe they know all truth . Guide professors into all truth. Demolish strongholds of worldly and godless philosophies.
8. Lord, raise up generation of godly faculty and administrators with aptitude in every field and in every kind of learning, who are quick to understand and able to teach in a negative or godless environment. (Daniel 1:4)
9. Lord, please give the faculty and administrator wisdom , strength and courage to be the best instructor and administrator that they can be. Lord, if they do not know you as personal Savior, I pray that they come to know you and in doing so that their instruction and work is glorifying to You. I pray this in Jesus name. Amen
Quizzes, Finals and Midterms:
10. Dear God, I pray _________learns so much. I ask that you help ______ to remember all of those things he/she had learned. Please bring them quickly to mind so that _______ or the students may successfully pass their tests . Help also his/her classmates who are studying for exams, that they might have great success. I pray for their peace as they sit for the exams and I know that peace comes only from You. I pray this in Your Son’s name, Amen.
11. And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. (Colossians 3:23-24) ( adopted from Prayer for College Students
Linda Fegins, The Prayer Leader firstname.lastname@example.org copyright Sept.21,2016 Linda D. Fegins, “The Prayer Leader” serves as the prayer leader for her church home. Further, she serves as prayer leader and teacher/trainer on the “Prayer Boot Camp” with the Global Missions Prayer Force and as a guest intercessor and volunteer for Girlfriends Pray a global prayer ministry. She served as Prayer Coordinator for over 13 years( later Director over the Prayer Ministry) for the Lydia Circle Christian Business and Professional Women. As part of the Lydia Circle she has lead over a dozen prayer boot camps, and has lead prayer services and workshops in the Bahamas and in South Africa and was on the prayer team of a medical missions trips to Jamaica under the leadership of Rev. Jackie McCullough.