Thursday, May 7, 2015 National Day of Prayer Theme: “Lord Hear Our Cry”
Scripture: I Kings 8:28 “Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence this day.”: Hear our cry!!!
National Day of Prayers prayer focuses are:
Government, Family, Church, Education,Media, Armed Forces, Market Place/Business see Linda Fegins Pray & Act Write – Right
Let us pray corporately and individually over our families, government etc so that we can glorify God and heal the land and our families. Let us not take it for granted for the freedom to call out loud and worship the Lord freely.
In you all the families of the earth will be blessed. Genesis 12:3 (KJV)
If a house is divided against itself , that house cannot stand. Mark 3:25
• Pray for unity and love in family units that reaches out in hospitality toward others. Romans 12:9-13.
• Pray for God centered relationships among family members.
• Pray that parents will be bold to instruct their children in God’s way of living and lead their families to pray together.
• Pray for relationships between parents and children that it be one of love, respect, honor and obedience.
• Pray for a return to the biblical mandate to train children at home.
• Pray that families will follow godly principles.
• Pray for our youth –their safety, protection, obedience, purpose and excellence.
• Pray for families dismantled by divorce to be healed
.• Pray that Christ forgiveness would dissolve anger, bitterness and strife in relationships among family members.
• Pray for the family and for elected leaders and the members of our judicial system as they consider proposed legislation and various court cases related to marriage and the family to preserve what God inteneded.
Government I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty 1 Timothy 2:1-2
• Pray for righteousness to prevail in this nation. Righteousness exalts a nation Proverbs 14:34.
• Pray for our leaders, as well as the judges in our courts. Ask God to grant them wisdom to act with integrity.1 Timothy 2:1-2.
• Pray that leaders will be granted divine wisdom, guidance and strength to fulfill their important roles; leaders to make wise decisions.
• Pray for righteous judges and judgments in every court (Isaiah 1:26).
Marketplace and Business
Exodus 31:3-4Amplified Bible (AMP)
And I have filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom and ability, in understanding and intelligence, and in knowledge, and in all kinds of craftsmanship,
To devise skillful works….
• Pray that business women and men of integrity, fairness and courage will arise .May God bless those who base business practices in righteousness.
• Pray that God will raise up His ambassadors in the workplace that will have influence.
• Pray for the economy, that new companies will come to the region.
• Pray for sound and fair businesses, for favor, new contracts, witty ideas and creativity and for solutions to problems to help the community.
• Pray for the workplace- for fairness and fair pay and to be free of harassment and prejudice. May God frustrate plans and practices which escalate injustice.
Linda Fegins, “The Prayer Leader” firstname.lastname@example.org