Yesterday ( See Day 1 Feb.10 and the opening letter blog post)I shared that repentance means to change your mind and to be determined not to do the sin again. It means to turn and walk the other way and that you are sorrowful about your sin to the point of grief. Ask God to open your eyes, ears and heart to feel real sadness and sorrow about your sin and to turn your heart and mind to repent. Thank Him for the gift of repentance.
“Now turn to me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping and with mourning.So rend your heart, and not your garments; Return to the Lord your God, for He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and of great kindness;And He relents from doing harm…”Joel 2:12-14 NKJV
Did you write your prayer of repentance yesterday? Did you take time to be honest before the Lord about your life , your relationship with God through Jesus Christ and your prayer life? Did you confess your sin and ask him to forgive you?
Ask Him to teach you to pray. Ask God to give you strength and discipline to increase your prayer life, to deepen your relationship and friendship with God to enable you to rise in the spiritual things of God. Sit still before the Lord and listen. Let the Lord know you are listening and you are sincerely seeking His face. Psalm 42: 1-2 .
Throughout Scripture spiritual leaders called God’s people to times of fasting and prayer when the need for transformation was recognized. Fasting demonstrates the desperation and sincerity of our hearts in approaching the Lord our God.
Seek the Lord to instruct you as to how and what He wants you to fast for this season in your life. (see Isaiah 58:6-14). Some possible suggestions are:
1. Juice only
2. Fresh fruits and vegetables only (a Daniel fast)
3. Fast one day per week for the 40 days
4. Fast one meal per day
5. Fast a particular food or activity as a token of your devotion and commitment.
Do not fast if you have medical conditions without discussing this with your doctor.
Pray that this time will be radically used by the Lord to bring life transformation to US all( you are not alone)-personally and corporately-throughout your church and your city.
DAY 2- February 11th – Repenting For A Renewed Relationship With God
Scriptures: Job 42:1-6; Isaiah 58:1-6 2 Chroincles 7:12-16; Hebrews 11:6
Repent: Of __________________________________________.
Meditate, pray, and write down areas for which you should repent.
Reflect on repentance, what you want to release in your life and on what steps you need to take to improve your prayer life and to deepen your relationship with God.
• Pray that the message of repentance will penetrate your heart and the members of your church, your community and the world.
• Pray that leaders will walk in true humility and a deep reverence for the Lord.
• Pray for MEN – Pray that men will seek God and honor Him with an integrity that unites their lives in faithfulness, wisdom, and truth; that their vision of masculinity would be a Christ-like servant leadership in the family, church and world.
• Pray for God to strengthen your prayer life and deepen your relationship with Him.
• Pray for the President of the United States, President Obama and his family.
Pray what the Holy Spirt leads you to pray.
Linda Fegins , The Prayer Leader